Monday, February 11, 2008

A question that runs through many of our horse-loving heads is how to marry our love of horses with bringing in money to pay our bills. I find myself attemting to do it while sharing my spiritual experiences and learnings through way of the horse. Specifically through my handsome OTTB, Tom's Thunder. I wish I had the answer to how to do such a thing in a way other than what's already been done? I dream of moving forward through life, only when I already have the answers. But that isn't the way life is set up, at least not my life.

This not knowing is another arena in which I am able to practice the fine art of taking action and leadership, without being controlling. The first place to start said practice is with use of the reins while riding a horse. My hands usually either give Tom his entire head, providing little guidance. Or take such a tight hold that Tom gets frustrated and upset, because he is unable to find his own way. There has to be a balance—one where I guide Tom's movement, allowing him to use his body most effeciently. An interesting thing to me is how easy it is for me to take what comes my way. What gets me in trouble is when I want something specific. For instance wanting Tom to move correctly. That is where I feel there is no room for allowing, one must make it happen. I know intellectually that this is ridiculous, yet my actions and energy prove that I feel that this is true.

I will take on this challenge of desire and control. I will use my experiences with my horse as training ground for myself. And along the way, I will be thankful for the grace that touches my life through these experiences. I will then share those insights with you, and either allow for it to bring money into my life or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home