Friday, August 11, 2006

Originally when I started this blog, it was for me to talk about how different things helped my riding. As a natural analytical or contemplative, I figured it would be a great deal about my philosophical thoughts. But it really hasn't turned out that way, has it? I am not even really riding much these days. Probably only a couple days a week. But I continue to look at horses, wondering how I can make that happen.

I have found a couple horses that I really like. One is local and a really cute 15.3 TB. The other is a 17h TB that seems to be consuming my mind. He photos are beautiful, his gaits sound perfect, and he is somewhat in my price range. The only drawback is twofold. 1. he is 4 hours away, so trialing and trailering will be expensive and time consuming. 2. he is 15 years old. Now the later isn't horrible, but I had begun having visions of having a young horse to train and maybe resell. At 15, he is probably mine for the remainder of his life. But if he's perfect, why would that matter? So I have set up a time to go see him next Weds. and am thrilled and nervous. Why is it that when we reach that point in life that seems to be exactly what we were looking for, it is scarey? I almost want to hold off from it. But I don't really, as I believe horse ownership will only bring me closer to my highest power. Once acheived, there will be nothing that I can not do (exept physical, scarey things like sailing across the ocean alone.) But I trust the life that is waiting for me, and I am willing to step outside of my comfort zone to acheive dreams. And I plan on taking you along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home