Saturday, April 22, 2006

It amazes me every time I ride, how symbolic it is of life in general. We are all the director's of our lives (or horse), but we are not the controller. You ask for what you want, but you do not force that result. You always receive what you ask for (ask and you shall receive). If you do not see it that way, ask yourself two questions
1. What am I doing that asks for what I am receiving and
2. What beliefs do I have about receiving that may interfere with getting what I want.

Is it not true that excellent riders assume the horse will follow through with what they have asked of them. This trust allows the rider to be slow and patient about receiving it. I on the other hand, often feel frustration the very instant I ask because the result didn't arrive immediately.

In response to this problem, yesterday I slowed down. Slowed my thought process, my actions, adjustments, and my attitude. This worked, when it was done well. At what speed do you use your weight and aides? How fast or slow is your thought process? This is possibly why people affiliate riding with meditation. It is best done, when you have slowed down your mind. The next question is, which comes first? The slow mind, resulting in being more in the actual moment. Or as you become more in the moment, does your mind slow down?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home