Thursday, April 13, 2006

It seems that I should describe a little of what I'm doing and who I am. By profession, I am a publisher. I publish a local wellness publication that has a holistic slant. Through that, I write and do graphic design work. I also work part-time at the local tack shop (www.cheshirehorse.com). It's great fun being there.

Most free moments, I spend at the barn. At least two hours a day. I get the chance to ride many different horses, as someone always needs their horse ridden. Although this is a great situation, I do long for my own horse as this provides a different sort of relationship. My favorite horse is a 23 year old Dutch Warmblood, named Bastiaan. He is the one in the photo. When I get near him, I feel such a rapport with his inner being. He has on and off again lameness issues.

My newest 'ride' is Mia, an 11year-old Hanovarian. She is great fun, and has a loving personality. When riding, she can have a bit of an attitude. She's stiff and somewhat resistant. And she loves to motor forward, often without finesse. I get the sense that she is not very comfortable when being ridden, and I would like to get to the bottom of that. It is probably this relationship that I will discuss most often. At her lumbosacral joint, there is a slight bump. With my beginners eye, I see that this may be the effect of a pelvis disalignment. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home