Friday, April 07, 2006

As a constant seeker of better riding skills, I’ve tried it all. Books, videos, and products. What I have found is invaluable. For starters, the search for skills through means outside yourself is elusive. But also, that becoming a better rider is not about looking great and sitting perfectly. Instead it’s about learning more about horses—specifically their movements. It’s also about becoming aware of your own movements, and observing how the two beings react to each other. From that state of awareness, we are able to adjust the reaction. It is ever common for the rider to focus on the wrong part of the equation.

What I intend to do with this blog is explain that which I have learned (if not always accomplished) along the way of my constant search. Sometimes I will use intellectual knowledge, sometimes self-awareness techniques, and other times actual products that increase your senses while riding.

I have often wondered why I have such ambition to improve my riding, when I do not feel ambitious about competing. And what it boils down to is my love of horses. By improving my riding skills, I am creating a better experience for the being whom I am riding. And it is THAT which is truly of importance to me. Please join me in sharing what you have learned along your journey. Let us join our thoughts and share our wisdom as a way to honor the horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home